Fixing Mac App Store problems
Most of the time, installing from the Mac App Store works smoothly. But sometimes installing an application just does not work. Below a few things to try out that sometimes help.
Remove existing application
If an application with the same bundle id is already present, installing the application from the App Store can fail. This can happen for example, when you have used a demo version of the application. You like it, so you buy it, but then it won't install!
If you have an application similar to the one from the App Store, delete it. Don't just put it in the trash, empty the trash as well. Then try installing again.
Another thing to try is to sign out from the App Store. Then restart your Mac, open App Store, sign in. And then try installing again.
- Open App Store from the Apple menu.
- Choose Sign Out from the Store menu.
- Restart the Mac (from the Apple menu).
- Open App Store.
- Choose Sign In from the Store menu.
- Click your name in the lower left corner.
- Find the application and try installing it again.
The things to try above have worked for me in the past. If you have another solution that worked for you, please let me know if you would like to see it added here.