The X-Touch Compact is a great controller to use with LrControl and PrControl. It has lots of encoders and motorised faders. The encoders are the same as on the X-Touch mini. Both the motorised faders and encoders follow parameter values in the host application.
The only disadvantage of The X-touch Compact is that is so large. It isn't compact at all, just slightly more compact than the X-Touch.
Using the X-Touch Compact
LrControl supports the X-Touch Compact with the device default settings. So after you have installed the LrControl, or PrControl plug-in, you can just take it out of the box and plug it in. It will work be recognized automatically by the plug-in. Use LAYER A on the device, press the button above A in the lower right corner.
When you have bought a new device, you can just plug it in and LrControl should work. If you notice that you get unexpected results, you should try a factory reset. After a factory reset, the device should work again.
To do a factory reset follow the following steps:
- Turn the power off, with the switch on the back of the controller.
- Press and hold both LAYER buttons, A and B.
- Power on the device while still keeping down the two layer buttons.
- Keep holding down the buttons for a few seconds, the buttons will flash a few times.
- When only the layer A button is illuminated, the reset is complete. Release the buttons.
For your convenience here are some shopping links.*